Top 10 Exchange Server Tools
I’m just listing down the Top 10 Exchange Tools:
- Exchange Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator – Provides output on your storage configuration as well as backup and replication requirements.
- Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (ExRCA) – This GREAT tool allows Exchange admins the ability to validate their Client Access Service configurations (EWS, Outlook Anywhere, ActiveSync.) and SMTP functionality via an online tool; very useful in testing and troubleshooting.
- Exchange Client Network Bandwidth Calculator – Forecast network bandwidth requirements based on the number of and type of Exchange access client used by this tool in graphical form.
- MFCMAPI – Provides access to MAPI stores through a graphical user interface. Its purpose is to facilitate investigation of Exchange and Outlook issues (see examples here) and to provide developers with a canonical sample for MAPI development.
- Exchange Server Deployment Assistant (ExDeploy) – An online tool that walks through deployment options and generates custom instructions for moving your organization to Exchange 2010 or Office 365. Gives a good general idea of the steps and requirements for deployment based on your input.
- Microsoft Exchange PST Capture – As many organizations move to Exchange 2010 with archiving data policies take on greater importance. This tool will allow administrators to discover and import PST files directly into their Exchange environment.
- Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook (CalCheck) – A good tool for checking for calendar problems within a specified mailbox. It performs various checks on general settings, such as permissions, free/busy publishing, delegate configuration, and automatic booking. This tool can be used diagnose issues or identify trends.
- Microsoft Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool (OCAT) – As with the CalCheck tool this tool provides a quick and easy method to analyze Outlook profiles for common configurations that cause problems providing a detailed report of the current Outlook profile and mailbox. This report includes many parameters about the profile, highlighting any known issues.
- Microsoft Active Directory Topology Mapper – reads Active Directory configuration using LDAP, and automatically generates a Visio diagram of your Active Directory and/or Exchange topology. The diagrams may include domains, sites, servers, organizational units, DFS-R, administrative groups, routing groups and connectors and can be changed manually in Visio if needed. Very useful for getting a head start on creating a detailed diagram of your environment.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 Visio Stencils – As implied contains a Microsoft Office Visio stencils with shapes for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and later.
4 thoughts on “Top 10 Exchange Server Tools”
Thanks for the good post that lays the information about useful Exchange server tools. There are some commercial applications also available online which helps to recover lost or damaged data from MS Exchange Server. Actually, sometimes server administrators fail to get proper results via ESEUTIL tools. So, in such cases, a third party Exchange recovery application may help them. One such popular and widely used tool is Stellar Phoenix Exchange recovery software : http://exchange.stellarservertools.com/
The tool has been developed with dual scanning mode to analyze the internal structure of Exchange database files and to recover data in their original format.
Thanks again and hope this tools will also help the Exchange server users!
Hello very nice blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I am glad to seek out a lot of useful information here in the put up, we need develop extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the information about helpful server tools. I would recommend one more useful Exchange management tool that helped us in migration from Exchange 2010 sp2 to Exchange 2013 Server: http://www.techricky.com/exchange-server-recovery/
The software is really very useful has made the data recovery and migration very simple. It has been developed with advance database analyzing techniques to scan and fix the database items. It repairs and rebuilds the corrupted/damaged database pages during the scanning process to make sure 100% recovery or migration process.
I hope it will also help to those who are in need !
Hey man, i am really new to the server world.
What is better for a beginner, a Windows or Linux server?