Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer v1.4
TheExchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool is being updated!
List of the changes in this release:
• A new CAPTCHA service.
• The challenge is NOT case sensitive, so it doesn’t matter if you type upper or lower case letters.
• The CAPTCHA challenges will not include hard to distinguish letters/numbers. For example 2 and Z or O and 0.
• If you get the challenge wrong, the password entries will not be removed.
• Once you enter a correct response to the challenge, you will be verified for a set amount of time. This means you will not see additional CAPTCHA challenges until the timeout period expires.
• The inbound SMTP test now inserts the IP address of the user performing the test into the test email message. The IP is also inserted into an SMTP Header (X-Originating-IP).
• Fixed an issue in the Sender-ID test where certain DNS responses while evaluating the “exists” mechanism were incorrectly being treated as a TempError
• The outbound SMTP Sender-ID tests now conform to the RFC specified limit of ten DNS-based mechanisms that can be used during the evaluation of the SPF record.
• Fixed an issue where host names with all numbers in the top-level domain were not considered valid input
• Fixed user interface issues that can cause the “helper bubble” to stick around when navigating in the wizard
• Added a note to the EWS service account access test indicating that the mailbox must be empty
• Changed the Windows Mobile Certificate test to warn instead of fail when certificates aren’t trusted by Windows Mobile since many other devices also use ActiveSync and may trust the certificate
• Changed the Outlook Anywhere mutual authentication test to report a warning instead of an error when the mutual authentication (msstd: string) only matches a Subject Alternative Name on the certificate. Windows Vista SP1 and later can handle this configuration.
• The Outlook Anywhere Proxy Ping and HTTP Authentication Method Tests now use the full query string; this is necessary to support certain UAG configurations.
• Added additional error mappings for known issues